TERMS and CONDITIONS (“TERMS”)
ethics4lawyers Pty Ltd (“We” or “us” or “our”) is a boutique law firm.
Our clients are Australian legal practitioners facing complex, difficult and often urgent ethical challenges whether in private practice, in – house, or in government.
With our specialist, pragmatic and timely advice our clients address the ethical issues confronting them quickly and with confidence.
We also offer a range of value adding related services to our clients and to the profession including tailored and interactive ethics education and training (“ethics’ workshop”) and seminars which ensures that both our subscriber clients and members of the profession attending are kept up to date on the latest developments in legal ethics.
All our seminars and workshops are CPD compliant.
Appreciating the diverse needs of the profession and our clients three levels of subscription are offered: Silver, Gold, and Platinum.
For those members of the profession who prefer not to subscribe access to our legal services and to our educational seminars, workshops and seminars is available.
Silver: By registering your details you are given access to our regular ethics news blogs published on our website. You will also receive our monthly e-newsletter.
Gold: Your subscription as a gold member secures you 3 one hour ethics workshops in each subscription year (non-cumulative), access to our regular ethics updates and news blogs and to the FAQs published on our website, a monthly newsletter, and 10 complimentary personal advice phone calls with an experienced ethics solicitor (calls are capped at 15 minutes). If your request for telephone advice exceeds 15 minutes, you will be charged an additional $50 for every further 10 minute increment. This additional fee will be invoiced to you separately at the end of the phone call. If you require more than 10 calls within the 12 month subscription period, then any additional call will be $50 every 10 mins and you will be invoiced separately. In addition you will receive invitations to gold subscriber only social events which are complimentary. A Gold subscription will cost you $330 per annum (inclusive of GST).
Platinum: By registering your firm’s details as a platinum subscriber your firm secures a one hour ethics workshop in each subscription year (non-cumulative) tailored to your preferred area of practice and will have access to our regular ethics updates, news blogs and FAQs published on our website, a monthly newsletter, and unlimited complimentary personal advice phone calls with an experienced ethics solicitor. Calls are capped at 15 minutes, however if your request for telephone advice exceeds 15 minutes, you will be charged an additional $50 for every further 10 minutes increment. This additional fee will be invoiced to you separately at the end of the phone call. The cost of a platinum subscription for your law firm will depend upon the number of solicitors whom you choose to register as covered by it. Price range starts from $1,320 per annum (inclusive of GST) payable at the time of subscription. An accurate quote may be obtained by calling us on (03) 9098 8644. Platinum subscriber exclusive: Your firm is entitled to a one per year one hourly complimentary face to face discussion on a complex ethical challenge or issue for which you require advice.
Non – subscribers
You can purchase any of the Services directly or via our website and you will be charged on a per purchase basis.
AGREEMENT TO TERMS
These terms constitute the agreement made between you, whether personally or on behalf of an entity (“user” or “you”) and us regarding:
(1) access to and use of our website by you (the “Site”); and
(2) purchase of our non - legal services and/or legal services by you,
referred to collectively as the “Services”
The Site provides information (the “Information”) and is intended for users who are at least 18 years of age.
You agree that by using the Site and the Services, you are at least 18 years of age and have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms.
If you do not agree with these Terms, or any part, then you are expressly prohibited from using the Site or any of the Services and must discontinue use immediately.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Unless stated otherwise:-
1. the Site and all content on the site including the Information, website designs, audio, video, text, photographs and graphics (the “site Content”); and
2. the Services are our proprietary property.
The logos and trademarks (the “Marks”) registered or otherwise are owned by us, and are protected by copyright and trademark laws.
The site Content is provided to you for your information and personal use only.
Except as expressly provided in these Terms, no part of the Site, site Content, the Services, or Marks may be copied, reproduced, aggregated, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, encoded, translated, sold, licensed or otherwise exploited for any commercial purposes whatsoever, without our express prior written permission.
Provided that you are authorised to use the Site, you are granted a limited license to access and use the Site and the site Content, and to download or print a copy of any portion of the Content to which you have properly gained access, solely for your personal, non-commercial use. If you download or print a copy of the Content for personal use, you must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained therein. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you in and to the Site, the site Content and the Marks.
To access the site Content and the Services, you must first register with the Site.
By registering with the Site, you represent and warrant that:
1. all registration information you submit will be true, accurate, current and complete;
2. you will maintain the accuracy of such information and promptly update such registration information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete;
3. you will keep your password confidential and will be responsible for all use of your password and account;
4. you are not a minor;
5. you have legal capacity and you agree to comply with these Terms;
6. you will not access the Site through automated or non-human means, whether through a robot, script or otherwise;
7. you will not use the Site or the Services for any unlawful, improper or unauthorized purpose; and
8. your use of the Site, the site Content or the Services does not violate any applicable law or regulation.
If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or we have reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Site, the site Content and the Services.
PURCHASES AND PAYMENT
You agree to provide current, complete and accurate information (“your information”) for:
1. purchases of Services made via the Site; and
2. purchase of Services made directly by you; and
You further agree to update your information if required, including email address, payment method and credit or debit card expiration date, so that we can complete your transactions and contact you as needed.
Payment for purchases of Services made directly by you will be charged on a per purchase basis.
We reserve the right to suspend your access to the Services in the event you fail to make a timely payment hereunder.
We reserve the right to refuse any request for purchase of Services made by you through the Site or in person.
You can cancel your subscription at any time by emailing us at email@example.com
Cancellations will take effect at the end of the current paid term.
You will not be refunded any amount paid by you for your subscription if you cancel your subscription.
You consent to receive electronic communications and you agree that any agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications we provide to you electronically via email and on the Site, satisfy any legal requirement that such communication be in writing.
You may not access or use the Site or the Services for any purpose other than that for which we make them available.
The Site is for your personal use only and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavours, except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by us.
As a registered user of the Site, you warrant you will not:
1. circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Site, including features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on the use of the Site and/or the Content contained therein;
2. interfere with, disrupt or create an undue burden on the Site or the networks or services connected to the Site;
3. use the Services as part of any effort to compete with us;
4. bypass any measures of the Site designed to prevent or restrict access to the Site, or any portion of the Site;
5. harass, annoy, intimidate or threaten any of our employees, agents or contractors engaged in providing any portion of the Services to you;
6. delete the copyright or other proprietary rights notice from any Content;
7. use the Site in a manner inconsistent with any applicable laws or regulations.
We may accept, reject or remove reviews. When posting a review, you must comply with the following criteria:
1. you should have first hand experience with the subject being reviewed;
2. your reviews should not contain profanity or offensive, abusive, racist or hate language, discriminatory references based on religion, race, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation or disability, or references to illegal activity;
3. you should not be affiliated with competitors if posting negative reviews;
4. you should not make any conclusions as to the legality of conduct; and
5. you may not post any false statements or organize a campaign encouraging others to post reviews, whether positive or negative.
We reserve the right to:
1. monitor the Site for breaches of these Terms;
2. take appropriate action against anyone who, in our reasonable opinion, breaches the law or these Terms including reporting such user to law enforcement authorities; and
3. manage the Site in a manner designed to protect our rights and property, and to facilitate the proper functioning of the Site and the Services.
TERM AND TERMINATION
These Terms remain in effect for the duration you access the Site, use the site Content or the Services or are otherwise a user or member of the Site, as applicable. You may terminate your use or participation at any time, for any reason, by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to:
1. deny access to and use of the Site and the Services; and
2. terminate a user’s use or participation in the site and the services,
for any, or no, reason, including for any breach of any representation or warranty contained in these Terms or of any applicable law or regulation.
We may delete any content or information, including content or information uploaded by a user at any time, without notice or warning.
If we terminate or suspend your account for any reason, you are prohibited from registering and creating a new account (the “new account”) under your name, a false or borrowed name or the name of any third party, even if you may be acting on behalf of the third party.
In addition to terminating or suspending your new account, we reserve the right to take appropriate legal action against you.
MODIFICATIONS AND INTERRUPTIONS
We cannot guarantee the Site will be available at all times. We may experience hardware, software or other problems, or need to perform
maintenance related to the Site, resulting in interruptions, delays or errors.
The Site content may be changed at any time and without notice.
GOVERNING LAW AND VENUE
The agreement (the Agreement) under these Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Australian law.
Any dispute relating to these Terms, including but not limited to their interpretation and applicability, or the Agreement shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Victorian courts.
There may be information on the Site that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions that may relate to service descriptions, pricing, availability and various other information. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update the information at any time, without prior notice.
The information provided on the Site and the non - legal services provided by us do not constitute legal advice. The Site content is
provided for instructive general information purposes only and the non legal services are provided for educational and training purposes.
A solicitor - client relationship is only established when legal advice is sought from Us regarding a specific ethics issue. A solicitor-client relationship is not created as a result of the purchase of non-legal services.
The Site and the Site content is provided on condition that users of the Site and the Site content undertake full responsibility for assessing the applicability of the information before utilising same.
Other than as required by law no representation, express or implied, is made or warranty, express or implied, given, as to the function and purpose of the Site and we shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, or consequential damages whatsoever or howsoever arising as result of or in connection with the use of the Site or Site content.
No responsibility is taken for any information or services that may appear on any linked websites.
The full name of our company is ETHICS4LAWYERS PTY LTD whose registered office is located at the offices of Finnegan Partners Pty Ltd, 88 St James Road, Heidelberg, Vic. 3084. Our ABN is 622 194 503. You can contact us by email at email@example.com